8.30.2006

2006 Jets Prediction

I got five words for Jets fans this year, Thank God for Fantasy Football! That is because I went through the schedule this morning and I cannot find one team that we can beat. We just have way too many question marks. We have an unproven coach, a QB with a very sketchy arm, a rookie offensive line, RB by committee, no real 2nd and 3rd receivers, among a few things.

However, I know how the Jets faithful think. Until the Jets lose their 8th game (which, by the way, will be the 8th week) Jets fans will still hang on to the fact that they are still mathematically in the playoff hunt. I know this to be true because although I am sanely predicting the Jets chances right now, on Week 7 I will look you straight in the eye and swear to you the Jets will finnish 9-7 and will be the sleeper of the playoffs. That is because some sort of cosmic morph happens to me and many Jets fans at the first kick off of Week 1.

But until then, I really don't see anything good coming out of this Jets season besides a number one draft pick in April. So I will be definitely pulling for that. The worst thing that could happen to me personally this year is if the Jets come out and win their first two games. That's means I will stuck watching every game till the end for 10 weeks instead.. So the more games they win, the longer I and every Jet fan will be consumed by it. It is almost better if they lose every single game. My worst night mare is if they go 7-9. That way, depending on how the division is competing, I could be stuck rooting the Jets on until week 17.

I really am not that negative of a person, I have just been disappointed by the Jets for so many years, that I am sick of getting bullied by my own false hopes. I am sorry that my first ever blog is about how crappy I feel the Jets upcoming season. I don't mean to get you down. If you want to feel better about the Jets, report back to this blog after Week 1. I will have you believing that 2006 is going to be the year we win it all. That is because for some strange reason, God made me a Jets fan.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Curtis O'Brien is Hitler!

Anonymous said...

Rumor has it, that Curtis O'Brien is actually the half brother of former Jets QB Ken O'Brien.

But you didn't hear that from me.

Arnie Shaw said...

I don't want to bring any on wanted attention to this blog, but I will not comment on my relation my half brother Ken O'Brien.

But I will say this, I am NOT Hitler. Nor is he my half brother.

Anonymous said...

This is my favorite website:

http://www.catsthatlooklikehitler.com/