5.09.2007

Ode To The Fan


As Summer begins to set in
on the season's surface breaks a fin

My lurking love for American
football is deep runnin'
this itchin'
for pigskin

My steroided heroes
are in the final throes
of their vacations, time comes and goes
like the goldigging ho's
any stupid athlete knows

Peyton in Fiji
Brady in Tuscany
both awaiting the latest epiphany
from Belichick and Dungy

Popping pads, the grunts of two-a-days
are way too many months away
and alone I am not, when I say

"Do not delay!
Don't you stall!
hurry those calender's pages fall
and
BRING ON NFL FOOTBALL!"

6 comments:

Arnie Shaw said...

Very cool poem Figs. I must have made that tackle on you. Do you remember? I am in the best position. It is actually a really cool picture.

Arnie Shaw said...

Fakehead got absolutely toasted on this play. What is up with that Fakehead?

Figgythemick said...

Yeah right! I score on that play. I have too much of a head of steam going in. If you look close, Unruler is BACK-pedalling after deciding to get away from the M-train. Just kidding. You are fearless Unruler.

I believe fakehead blitzed, which would explain why I am running with the ball. That also explains why I am running so free and he is 20 yards behind me. Hah!

Anonymous said...

First, I think I must have blitzed on that play. Second, look at my determination, never giving up on the play, kind of like Jonathan Vilma. Third, I probably ended up making that tackle.

Finally, it is baseball season man, football can wait. Mini-camp, my ass! I like the different sports seasons, just as I like the different weather seasons.

Go Mets!

Figgythemick said...

CLICK ON THE PICTURE AND SCAN TO THE RIGHT, IT IS HILARIOUS

Arnie Shaw said...

I Know, I referenced that above. Good old Fakehead!