10.24.2006

Mangini Names His Running Back!!!


With the success Leon Washington is having, reporters hounded Eric Mangini this afternoon if he would be considered for the starting job this week vs. the Cleveland Browns. Here's how the press conference went:

Reporter: Coach, In the last three games Leon Washington has nearly 300 yards rushing vs. Kevan Barlow's 100 yard rushing over the same time frame. Is it safe to say that Leon Washington is your starting running back now?

Mangini: Well, we also have Cedric Houston and Derrick Blaylock to consider too. Every week our runningbacks will have an opportunity in practice prove who will be the starting runningback.

Reporter: Yes, but coach, Washington is electric out there and provides the spart it looks like the Jets really need.

Mangini: You also need to consider what a professional Kevan Barlow is and how he manages the game and how tough a back he is. There are a lot of factors other than yards and "spark" as you say. Plus Houston and Blaylock are in the running as well. It will be a game time decision.

Reporter: How close is Curtis Martin to coming back?

Mangini: He is fairly close. He needs to be cleared by the doctors and then we'll work him out and go from there.

Reporter: Hypothetically, if Curtis did come back and he was in the same condition he was say, in the 2002 season where he rushed for 1,600 plus yards, would he be considered the starter?

Mangini: Well, with Cedric Houston coming along, Barlow's tough running style and the success of Washington we'd have to see who would battle it out between the two. Plus you cannot forget about Blaylock. It would have to be a game time decision.

Reporter: What if Martin comes back, he is 2002 condition and he has bionic legs, would he be considered the starting runningback?

Mangini: It would between Houston, Washington, Barlow, Blaylock and Martin again.

Reporter: Consider if Houston was not on the roster, Leon Washington and Kevan Barlow are dead, you got Curtis in 2002 condition with bionic legs and he is morphed with Barry Sanders, would Martin be considered the starter?

Mangini: We'd have to create a paper mache runningback so Curtis would have someone to compete for the starting job with. And only after a week of practice would we consider a starter. We had a paper mache running back up in New England and he was a pretty tough competitor. Plus I wouldn't put it past Barlow to come back from the dead. So between Paper Mache, Curtis and Back from the Dead Barlow, it would be a game time decision.

Reporter: Who would start if the only two players you had were Back from the Dead Barlow and Paper Mache, who would you start?

Mangini: Well, considering coming back from the dead is usually not that easy to bounce back from, I would have to say Paper Mache.

Reporter: So it is Paper Mache as your running back?

Mangini: Yes, Paper Mache.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

You forgot to throw me into the mix...I am on the practice squad.

I hate you for forgetting about me.

Arnie Shaw said...

Oh yeah, you would definately be in the running Blair. I totally forgot about you.

Arnie Shaw said...

Cool...and how did you know I was thinking that???

Would it be a "Back from the Dead" prostitute?

LOL!!!

I look forward to it!!!

Arnie Shaw said...

I've actually been checking out other blogs to make ours a little better.

That is what inspired this type of blog here. You should just fart around on some other blogs too just to get ideas. Some people but YouTube movies on them and such. It is pretty cool.

At any rate, look forward to my present!

Mookie McFly said...

I used to use YouTube on Subway Serial but everyone complained that it was slowing the page loading down...you can however put a you tube video inside an individual post. It works out a lot better.

Do you want me to put up the standing and stuff on the sidebar?

Let me know and I'll hook this shit up whichever way you want it.I haven't done it myself because you are the bossman around here UJF.

Do I get a shirt too?

Arnie Shaw said...

GF...definately pimp this blog like a mofo.

I may be the bossman around here but all my employees have free artistic reign to let their creative juices fly.

Anyhow GF, feel free to put standings, pictures or whatever. The more bling the better.

Can you put a little button on the side that when you press it it makes farting noises? I want one of those. Fakehead, why dont you get on that. Gadfly, since you are the resident tech guy around here, I want you to build a "man cave" for me somewhere towards the bottom. This will be a room with a TV and a refrigerator that I can chill out in when I need to take a break.

Ok, get to work. Chop chop!

Arnie Shaw said...

Check this about Leon Washington:

http://72.14.209.104/search?q=cache:0YHs3OjlqFwJ:en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leon_Washington+leon+washington+married&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=2

Arnie Shaw said...

Nice job on the blog revamping!

Mookie McFly said...

I'm still waiting to hear back from a plumber about installing a crapper...

Arnie Shaw said...

Hey your pimpage has dissapeared.

Mookie McFly said...

Look down...I'll fix it or maybe I'll just delete it altogether.

Arnie Shaw said...

You are the Mac Daddy of pimping out Blogs! You should open up your own Blog Shop and call it Orange County Blogger.

Mookie McFly said...

That's just how I do...

Arnie Shaw said...

Awesome Job Gaddy!!!

I love the He-Man figure. Looks just like Fakehead.

I actually just laughed out loud when I logged on here!

*Hey, I assume the fart button is in the works?

Anonymous said...

$10...I'm going to comment every ten minutes!!!

Mookie McFly said...

FH's avtar is a Faker Head He-Man action figure. Interesting to note he too was a Jets fan. But how the "f" did he fool anyone into thinking he's the actual He-Man? I mean he's frickin' smurf colored blue??? Either way, he is the perfect embodiment of FH's blog persona. I mean, did you check out the pecs on that guy!

PS - Yo, UJF I set it up so you'll get an email everytime either myself or FH comments...and if anyone else ever comes on here. We gotta work on that...it's time to go trolling and lure some people back here.

Arnie Shaw said...

I always go to nj.com. If you click on "Forums", there is a Jets Forum.

Click on that. Everytime there is a new post I let them know about it. They have been here. One guy said it sucked. But a few guys liked it.

You guys should check that out too. Forums are a good way to also get ideas for blogs.