9.15.2006

Madden 2007 Wants the Jets to Win: It's In The Game

Last weekend I opened my wallet and forked over the $50 bucks for Madden 2007...Despite the glitches with EA sports online servers (the servers suck and I received a loss when I lost my connection the other night...they received a nasty email from me so I guess we're even), I have not been disappointed. The new feature of using a lead blocker really is amazing and once I got the handle it has opened some lanes...I don't want to give up too many of my secrets but let's just say I have a flea flicker play that would make Leon Hess smile (as I am sure he did looking down on me from heaven...he probably even pumped his fist a little).

Wednesday night, I played the Titans to get my franchise rolling and well, it went sort of similar to the opening game last Sunday. What can I say, I'm a little rusty after not purchasing Madden's 2006 version. I scored with ease but I also let the Titans creep back into it and eventually had to score on my last drive to drop the hammer...and to top it off I kicked a 50 yard field goal with ten second left with Ted Nugent's illegitimate bastard son Mike Nugent. I guess life sometimes imitates art. But not here as Mike Nugent is more Faster Pussycat than he is a 50 yard field goal kicking with ten seconds left player. Oh well...

Last night I couldn't wait so I played this Sunday's game in advance. The J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS were dominant. Everything I did went right. I sacked Brady nine frickin' times and rushed him every time he didn't hand it off I put him on the ground. My offense was electric as I had two receivers with 150 yard days and Blaylock & Barlow (I'm calling them the Killer B's...I know they're not THEE British Killer Bees but they sure do sting).

Anyway, the whole point of this isn't to brag about my Madden playing prowess...far from it. I'm sure when I play a live person the results will be a whole lot different. My main objective was to say that I just don't think the Pats are the same team everyone feared in the past. Brady still might be the best QB in the game but it doesn't really matter because he has no one left to throw the ball to & his backs can't carry the ball every time...especially against a good run defense. A good run defense is exactly what they will face this week. They are going to know it is coming and they will stuff it. On the other side of the ball New England can still defend too but I have confidence that this one time Mangina will be able to use his knowledge to get the Jets some points (hopefully Ted Nugent's son will play a little better).

My game versus Madden was explicit and I embarrassed him...every time I hit Brady, I said, "Wham!" It was fun. I don't think this game between the Jets & Pats will even come close to resembling that game. I think it will be tight...I think it will be decided late in the fourth quarter and even then it won't be decisive, meaning the next time these two teams meet it could go very differently. But as far as I'm concerned, at this point in the season, the Jets have too many weapons on both sides of the ball and New England is still trying to figure out who can catch, run, and make plays on offense.

For that reason, my prediction for Sunday is: Jets 13 Patriots 7

Lets hope I'm right...Unfortunately it doesn't happen often enough

Be Good, Have a Great Weekend &

GO JETS!

6 comments:

Arnie Shaw said...

Cool blog...you actually made me laugh. I had Madden 2005. It was cool cause you could play people all over the country. The bad part is when you were winning the other guy would accuse you of synching. I never could figure out what that was but I reconed it was cheating somehow. So people would leave in the middle of a game.

It sucked. But yeah, I will be rooting for the J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets this weekend!

Mookie McFly said...

Thanks UJF, you know no who I'm pulling for...

Arnie Shaw said...

Fakey, I thought we all agreed that we'd not post anomynous blogs. Stop whoring your self out to for a few extra bucks.

Mookie McFly said...

Not a bad game...next time we need to punt the ball better and start scoring earlier.

Brady is the best QB in the league...if not for that last drive we win the game. I would totally take him over Peyton without a doubt.

Arnie Shaw said...

Plus we let too much scoring early.

Arnie Shaw said...

I still haven't bought Madden 07 yet. But when I do, I will look you up. I hated playing online last year because if you were winning people would exit a game and accuse you of cheating. They would call it "Synching". I knew I wasnt cheating becasue my record was like 2-195. But I suppose their was a way you could cheat, but I couldnt figure it out.