12.26.2006

Ho, Ho, Ho!



Chad gave all Jets fans a big present last night in the form of a big W. With a little help from his friends, namely the entire defensive squad and rocker/kicker Ted Nugent.


I set it up perfect last night. I put the kids to bed. I put the wife to bed. Then I put my Chad Pennington jersey on and put the game on in time to see the opening kickoff. I painstakenly watched three scoreless quarters and then must have fallen asleep to see all the action.


When I woke up at 1am I saw the highlights on Sports Center. However, in my half asleep and delusional state, I thought I saw a 14-0 win. I went to bed smiling. But when I woke up in the morning I saw that I missed the best quarter and the final score was 13-10. I no reason to stop smiling.


I saw enough highlights and read enough articles this morning to peice the whole game together. And I am giving three game balls away.


First one goes to the Jet Defense. These guys are playing awesome. The Dolphins really didn't make too many mistakes, but the defense still held the Fins to 10 points. Great job guys!


Second one goes to Ted Nugent. Nugent had another perfect game. You couldn't even blame him nor Ben Graham for that muffed snap. It was wet and Ben is an Aussie so you don't want to say anything bad about him otherwise he will hunt you down and chop your head off.
The third goes to Sir Chad Pennington. When Pennington plays well, the Jets win. Chad was extremely patient last night. He waited out the defense and struck when the timing was right. And some of those passes were threaded in there so perfectly.
I am really suprised he is not picked off more. He threw zero picks last night and the Jets won.
Go Jets! Thanks for the Christmas present!


11 comments:

Figgythemick said...

Unruly, I didn't give you permission to use my picture as your logo. What's up with that?
We all must've blogged at the same time, my blog is below Fakehead's.

Who do you want to face in the first round? Any weaknesses in the Ravens and Chargers?

Anonymous said...

Figgy, I'll answer your questions soon. I don't want to count any chickens before the eggs are hatched.

Unruly, I hate to bring a dradel to your Christmas party, but you need to get a little bit of a reality check, and I'm going to give it to you.
The Jets were playing the hapless Dolphins, who changed their QB in the middle of the game!!!!

The D better kick their ass! The fact that Letters to Cleo even went 10 for 14 with a TD is scary. Imagine what Tom Brady may do in the playoffs????

Let's not get too excited, because the Jets D is going to have to work some miracles in the playoffs if they want to get past the first round.

With having said that, I am still proud of the D and the Jets as a team.

Go Jets!

Arnie Shaw said...

Where is Father Paddy? He has no problem changing my picture to Sloth from the Goonies but does not comment or post any more. And there is a glitch in the program.

Whenever we write a blog you can never tell who wrote it. Paddy, if you are still around this blog can you correct it?

As for Pennington. Some of those passes he threw were crazy. He lobs them up there and I really dont know how they get completed and better yet, not picked off.

Arnie Shaw said...

My condolences to the Gadfly for the sudden death of his Almamader's president, the Rev. James N. Loughran. He took a fall after the college staff xmas party and passed away of head trama.

Mookie McFly said...

I didn't go to SHU but was a Pony Pirate...that's some pretty horrible news. He always seemed to be a good guy.

I am blored with blogs right now...or should I say borogged? I will try to fix the glitch with the posters names.

Arnie Shaw said...

Bro, it was the St. Peters pres who is dead. Isn't that where you went?

Any how, thanks for the fix in the glitch.

Mookie McFly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mookie McFly said...

Ooops, I used your real name in that last comment. I don't want all the bitches breaking down your door to find the legend!

Anyway...

Get out of here...I didn't get you at first because you said salmon mader...I had no idea you meant alma mater. Seriously, that is crazy. I didn't look at the name at first. He has been there since I was there. I'll have to check it out. I wonder if he was throwing them back like any good Irishman does on Christmas. Thanks for the tip Unruly...I might have to post something over at the Jersey Devil to bid him farewell.

Arnie Shaw said...

no sweat my Irish Catholic buddy. I am sure he had a few pints of some imported ale. Then probably had a few Coffees with some Bailies mixed in.

Then later on, he probably was all looped and helucinated that Sister Ignatia asked him to come over for a back rub. And as he thought he was taking a step into her doorway, he was actually taking a step down the stairs in his house.

Mookie McFly said...

That's just wrong...

Figgythemick said...

Chad's balls seem like they are in slow motion...I'm not sure about his scrotum