1.18.2007

MY RANKING OF THE BEST SPORTS TO WATCH IN GENERAL, COUPLED WITH PICTURES OF THE HOTTER VICTORIA SECRET GIRL




The woman's name is Alessandra Ambrosio, and she is hotter than Giselle whats-her-name.


Regardless, this blog is not about this woman, it is about the fact that whether or not the world admits it, there are some sports that are better to watch and/or more interesting than others. Below I have ranked what I THINK are those sports. Obviously, this is my opinion, and it is open for discussion. That is why we have this blogsite, correct?


Anyway, here I go:


1. NFL Football - nothing beats the sheer excitement and pagentry of this game. It is awesome. The skills, the hits, the passes, everything about it rocks. The game itself lends to an atmosphere of fun. The tailgates, the football in the parking lot, the fact that going to a game at 1 pm means you plan on getting to the parking lot at 10:30 with beer in hand. Nothing beats it. Even when your team is done in the playoffs or never made the playoffs, you still watch. There is just something about the NFL, nothing can top it.

2. March Madness (aka NCAA Hoops Tourney) - you gotta love it. Get your bracket out and start scoring, EVERY GAME MATTERS! (That is, until there are 10 upsets in the first round and 2 of your final four are out before you get to the second day of games). Even when you lose your bracket you root for the Cinderalla teams. Two words - buzzer beaters! It is beyond fun and there are more great basketball games in that 3 week span than the entire NBA season.

3. Major League Baseball - but only your favorite team. If you don't like baseball then you totally disagree with me, you say it's boring, blah blah blah. I competely disagree, as I watched more full Met games this year than I had in the past three years. Every night I turned on SNY and played with my kid and had the game on. If you love a team, you love to watch that team play baseball. To be honest, I love baseball anyway, so I would sometimes turn on ESPN or the Skanks when the Mets weren't on, just to see the game. This of course gets intensified when the playoffs are on and your team is in them, no small feat since the season is 162 games and only 8 out of the million teams make it. (I do think there are too many teams in MLB). Nothing beats the playoffs in MLB if your team is playing. I'll never forget game 7 Mets/Cards, it was one of the best baseball games I have ever seen, except I'll still wish it ended differently.

4. College Football - great games, you never know what to expect, fun upsets, and plus, it's football.

5. NBA - boring to me, but gets somewhat interesting during the playoffs. I liked last year when Cleveland was on fire and driving through the playoffs on LeBron's shoulders. Other than that I'm sick of Shaq, Kobe and the rest of them. The game went downhill after MJ left.

6. NHL - I heard a live game is exciting, and people love it, but I have almost no interest in it, especially after I stopped playing PS2 Hockey and I have no clue who is on what team, except for the Devils (sort of).

7. The Summer Olympics - a lot of good stories and it is somewhat interesting, but does anyone really care? Swimming gets interesting every once and a while. Basketball is a joke since the USA can't even win a gold metal anymore, which makes no sense to me.

8. NASCAR - People love it. I'm not one of them. Mooks went to a race and he sort of liked it from what I can gather. It is a little too country for me.

9. The Winter Olympics - again, some good stories, but in the end who cares about fucking curling?
10. Golf - people love it. It seems to me that rich white people love it. I can't picture gentlemen in Newark gathered around their TVs cheering on Tiger Woods, but who knows. I never got into golf. It's like watching paint dry. Every once and a while there is a playoff, and that makes it interesting I guess.
11. Tennis - only because Sharpoivola (or whatever the hell her name is) is hot. I used to dig it a little more but it is boring to watch on TV. The more the player is a character, the better they are to watch. The sport must miss McEnroe and Agassi, that's for sure. Roddick seems like a company man, he needs to relax a little.
12. Soccer - please. No one in America cares. I'll never forget the Simpsons episode where they make fun of soccer and hooliganism. That episode sums up soccer in America, watch it.
I am sure I am missing some sports, please don't be afraid to let me know. But that's how I see it. To be honest, I only care about the first four.
The other question is, do you think this chic is hotter than Giselle?

13 comments:

Arnie Shaw said...

10. Golf - people love it. It seems to me that rich white people love it. I can't picture gentlemen in Newark gathered around their TVs cheering on Tiger Woods, but who knows. I never got into golf. It's like watching paint dry. Every once and a while there is a playoff, and that makes it interesting I guess.
11. Tennis - only because Sharpoivola (or whatever the hell her name is) is hot. I used to dig it a little more but it is boring to watch on TV. The more the player is a character, the better they are to watch. The sport must miss McEnroe and Agassi, that's for sure. Roddick seems like a company man, he needs to relax a little.

The above are way off. Golf Comes right after baseball for me. And Tennis is way to low for the average sports fan. And what about horse racing. I know for a fact that you never even seen a Nascar race so why is even on your list. Your all fucked up.

For me my top 5 look like this:

Football

Baseball

Golf - Who doesn't liek watching Phil

March Madness

Horse Racing - KY Derby, Belmont, Preekness, come on. Give a little love to the Triple Crown.

Other than that, I am going to send the above picture to your wife and tell her what a perv you are.

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, I like horse racing sometimes.

For the record, I didn't say I watch any of those sports regularly, it is just the rank of the sports I find interesting, from most to least. I would put horse racing in there somewhere between the NBA and NASCAR.

You're one to call me a perv, you are probably jerking off right now to those pictures. You probably taped up paper over my blog so you can only see her on your screen.

Speaking of jerking off, Reno 911 is a funny fucking show. I say that because there are some funny jerk off comments sprinkled throughout the episodes. (I got seasons 1-3 on DVD as a gift).

Anyway, the Triple Crown is cool, when a horse doesn't kill itself trying to win it.

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, and how can I be "way off" when my disclaimer said it was my opinion? Why do you think I said that Sir Spank-a-lot?

I am going to try to mail your mug today, but I always forget your stupid PO address. Email me your work address you spaz.

Anonymous said...

by the way, we suprassed 3000 hits on our blog.

Gadfly: Does that mean the 4 of us had come here 3000 times or if our site has had 3000 different people post on it?

Anonymous said...

PSS: Buy a shirt from me. There cheap!

Anonymous said...

OK, you got me. I guess I cannot disagree with your opinion. But you were wrong about me jerking off on those pics of that girl. I was jerking on the GI Joe guy.

Anonymous said...

Check that, I can dissagree with your opinion but you are entitled to your opinion. Just wanted to clarify that.

Figgythemick said...

I agree somewhat with the Faker. NFL is Kind in America.

2) NBA - I don't understand how it could be boring, I don't think teams play as selfish as they used to. Then again I live in a Western conference city and get to see the Suns, Spurs and Mavs - who do not play boring basketball. Plus the Nuggets of course. But the Knicks are playing better and the Nets always play entertaining basketball, how can you not like it?

3) The Mets. F the rest of baseball.

4)College Basketball is enthusiastic, but I think there are too many teams. Love the bracket pools for March Madness.

The chick on the left is hotter. Plus, she's drunk and loose.

Figgythemick said...

OVERFLOATER refers to drifting over events and time and observing on them. OVERFLOWER is the guy who clogs up his toilet. As for the shits, I think I've only experienced the Turtle head and Regular. That Sideways Pencil nonsense means you need Metamucil or something. The way you describe it there should be the Iron Snowball which is like a 10-pound cannonball. Or the Splasher (also known in California as the Greg Lugainis) who does back flips on the way down to the pool.

And I refer to it affectionately to my buddy Lou at work as 'taking the Kids for Some Aquatic Activities'.

Mookie McFly said...

I will definitely comment on this afront to my sensibilities. In fact I started to but it was too long so it will be relegated to a post.

PS - this wench is certainly a lot hotter...but she is in no way the hottest Vic. That title goes to the blonde with the light freckles (I'm a sucker for freckles...for a face without freckles is the like a sky without stars). I think her name is Marissa Miller (or is she just in SI...regardless I know their is a blonde in VS)? That is all...for now!

Anonymous said...

I agree that the Miller chick is very, very hot, there is no question about that. I guess, like sports preferences, so goes Victoria Secret Girl preferences.

Ambrosio is the NFL football of Vic girls for me. I think that Miller would definitely be March Madness, and there is another hottie that be the Mets. I think her name is Petra or some shit. But Giselle is like the fucking NBA of Vic girls for me.

Anyway, since Overshitter is a bit of a pussy, I guess we don't have a bet. Next time Migs!

In the meantime, I stick with my Colts/Pats prediction (I already forget the specifics) and I know I said it all depends on the the weather in Chicago, but I'll make the following prediction:

Bears 27
Saints 30

Damn!!!!!!! I always like Drew Bress, ever since he was at Purdue.

Who knows what the hell is going to happen, Team Katrina isn't that great, but I see them beating the Colts if the Colts somehow get past the Pats on Sunday. Pats beat both the Bears and the Saints.
I guess we'll all have something to talk about on Monday, besides the fact that Unruly likes cock, that is.

Go Mets!

Mookie McFly said...

Does that mean we can't talk about UJF's tendency to like cock in his mouth or not? I mean that is really all I want to talk about...

Anonymous said...

I am with Mookie. That is all I want to talk about too. What a silly boy that Unruly is.